Friday, August 14, 2009

Why I have trouble sleeping at night.....and other childhood traumas!

Okay my sister and I grew up in England....after the ice age....but not before CNN. There were only 2 television stations...BBC1 and of course BBC "2"! Children's programming was limited to about 2 hours a day between 5p.m. and 7p.m., where after, all good little children should be in bed! The other day my sister left me a telephone message starting with (appropriately enough) OMG..."The singing rining tree is on You Tube"....I could hear in her trembling voice that the "flash backs" had already begun to recur!! "This" isn't possible", I say to myself (I do that alot...and sometimes yes...I answer) Nobody in their right mind could wish to traumatize an entirely new generation of innocents...I sat in muddled disbelief for a few moments...but the laptop kept calling...."come here my pretty..I want to show you something"....I knew it was going to be dangerous...like when the girl goes down the dark stairway to find the source of the noise...which you and I both know is a Psycho Killer...but no matter how loud we yell...:DON"T GO DOWN THERE...she goes anyway!...I digress....well you know what I did...yes....I went on you tube....I searched the "singing ringing tree" and there it was....
The singing ringing tree....colourized!
Now once you've seen this....all the answers you ever had about what happened to me will be answered. The years of psychotherapy and repeated bouts of depression...you will finally understand my fear of bears and total dislike of princes and short people. The countless goldfish in my life....
It's hard to explain but there are a few characters reminiscent of past husbands???!!!!
Don't.....I MEAN DO NOT SHOW THIS TO YOUR CHILDREN

No comments: