Friday, January 29, 2010

Just another day at the mall! Right!!

2:30 p.m.
So here I am, sitting in the hospital, waiting, again! Sometimes I’ll run into someone who I haven’t seen and the inevitable questions begin…How are you? …Fine I say!!!(It would take a century to explain where I’m at so I don’t) and my answer seems deceptive. ` `
I think that before you become ill, you should receive some kind of training, or preparedness exercise, that will give you a fraction of a glimpse of what “being sick” really is, and you have the choice to continue or go back to work! Regular people just do not get this….they all think….okay some…not all… that you are actually entertained by this illness, condition or circumstance. That somehow this is a great vacation from your otherwise mundane life.
Let me tell you being sick, is a lot of work.
It simply amazes me how people get through it, balancing appointments, treatments, side effects, and all the tasks required of all well people. In addition, there is paper work to file with insurance companies, pharmacies, and various government organizations. Most continue to work, until they can no longer handle the chaos…and are probably worse for the wear.
Qualifying for benefits is another adventure best left to the hardest of hearts! The best qualifier is to be dead! Anything above that requires the strictest scrutiny, on a level not far from level orange on the American terrorist threat scale. You think I jest…I do not!
3:25 p.m.
I couldn’t have picked a better day to drive into the city! The forecast was for “light snow”…and sunshine…which is true….there have been a few seconds when the sun broke through the dense dark clouds…but it was still difficult to see inside the whiteouts! I wonder how much longer I’ll be waiting...hopefully it will still be daylight because I hate driving in the dark!!!....Oh great!….my name is finally called….Bye

No comments: