Wednesday, January 27, 2010

To Walk or Not to Walk...That is the question!

So I'm sitting here, watching the snow gently fall following a January thaw, and playing on my computer...but I sense that I am being watched...the air is thick with a sense of urgency! I realize that I am trying not to move...not to turn my head, or appear distracted in any way from this task at hand, otherwise the inevitable will occur....and it does! Unfortunately nature calls and I must stand and brave the oncoming barrage of jumps and yelps, and the scratching of claws on the "scratch resistant" laminate. Whatever the reason for my movement it means only one thing to my 2 little canines....WE"RE GOING FOR A WA L K ! But I really don't want to and as I scurry to the bathroom and quickly close the door I pray that by the time the loo is flushed and the doorknob turned the will have settled into the realization that walking was not my goal...only my means of transportation to an otherwise mundane destination. But alas...they are not convinced, and as I return to settle down in my still warm couch spot they stare fixedly at me, with obvious disappointment in their soulful eyes. I AM GUILTY! I don't think I can stand much more of it...I will only say that I myself am still shell shocked from our 2 hour foray into nature, during which Dudley thought he was in heaven (terrier) and Ollie scooted under a tree and sat down to hide (chihuahua with sweater) I myself began to totally lose hope of ever finding our way out and began to imagine the "Mural" headlines (It's a village of 1000...so I might make the headlines)...and listened desperately for the very thing that I had originally planned to avoid in choosing this trail (i use the term loosely)...A SNOWMOBILE....DEAR GOD PLEASE SEND ME A SNOWMOBILE...( I have been rescued by snowmobile rs in the past when I mistakenly drove my Malibu up a snowmobile trail assuming incorrectly that it was a road...it was not!...But they were very impressed at how far I had driven in prior to becoming stuck!!!) Anyway back to original story...God didn't send me a snowmobile....but God did send me a barn!!! In front of the barn was a road!!!!!All in all this little adventure took almost 3 hours from start to finish, and the pain lasted considerably longer!! But I'm a dog owner and duty calls...if I never post on this blog again u'll know that this trip was even less successful than the last!
God Bless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had quite the day S!

Greg

Unknown said...

yes Greg... it was akin to being on the Titanic when it was sinking...with small exception that it wasn't the Titanic, and we weren't sinking...but that aside...Oliver (chihuahua)continues to have flashbacks has most definitely been diagnosed (by me and the Dog Whisperer) with having PTSD!