Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Minute

Wow...I'm so excited...Kathy has signed up for my RSS feeds...that's a real compliment and I so appreciate it...I just hope I have RSS feeds!! Kathy, please tell me if I don't?!!
Well that really cheered me up!  It's been a few days since I've put finger to keypad, and the lapse has been frustrating, but my brain is one "flatline" right now, and it's all very quiet in my brain.  I have sketched out my thoughts on "Mother's Day" but I can't go there emotionally right now. Being on the cusp of "quiet" has only 2 options for escape.  I have avoided slipping towards the abyss for longer than I ever have managed to in recent memory, and I think that the best I can do right now is acknowledge that Mother's Day for me is both wonderful and tragic at the same time.  It has, in it's reflection, the power to, make me laugh; shout with joy; praise God for the depth of love that is incomparable to anything else; but also the power to revisit the loss of relationship;  a life acknowledged only within the exquisite intimacy of  being cradled in your own life...then torn from it; the aching hole that is never filled. I'll do better than this when the "brain line" starts jumping again!  

No comments: