Thursday, June 1, 2017

Fibromyalgia

When dealing with the symptoms of Fibromyalgia, one of the things recommended is to avoid stress! That's pretty hard to do! Although Fibromyalgia is not a fatal disease the main causes of death amongst it's sufferers is suicide and heart attack.  I have had 2 heart attacks since 2007 and been suicidal countless times.  To avoid stress when you're trying to live on a small fixed income, trying to look after all your typical activities of daily living which cause you unbelievable pain in places you never imagined you had muscles ( armpits! ). Add migraines, brain fog, kinda like mini dementia and extreme fatigue where there are periods of time when you can barely get out of bed to let the dogs in and out.  It's a daily struggle. Movement does help to relieve some pain, but adl's can put me into uncontrollable pain episodes from vacuuming, washing a floor, taking out the garbage! Ridiculous right? I used to be able to work full time, be a single Mom, volunteer at several different organizations, be a part of a worship team playing guitar and singing, walk my dogs daily, keep my house and garden well kept, heat with wood and all that entails, plus pursue various hobbies.
Now I only leave the house if I have to and eat a lot of cereal!

No comments: