Thursday, June 25, 2009

2 Icons in one day...Farah Fawcett and Michael Jackson

I was going to continue my blathering about angina (no irony here) to discuss the inconveniences of "sudden death"...however in consideration of the day, and the fact that this date will mark the passing of actress Farrah Fawcett, and singer "king of Pop" Michael Jackson.

It's difficult to discuss them both together...not to diminish the talent of Michael Jackson...but the scandal that surrounded him, puts him in a separate place from Farrah in my heart and mind.

I think if we women were honest we would probably recall being ambivalent about Farrah. On the one hand she had a beauty to aspire to, but also a knowledge that we could never compete with that poster on our boyfriend's wall!!! She also took us along through the aging process, in a graceful way. I haven't seen her documentary, but from all accounts she displayed true courage throughout her illness and to the end.

Michael I feel, was a gifted, but tortured soul, whose demons, from wherever they came, perverted the beauty of his talent. His fame, though well deserved as to voice and dance, transformed his success into a seduction of innocent lives. He squandered his resources and was proud of it. I hope that he made restitution spiritually before his death. Like I said ...you may not know when...so always be prepared. Very sad for everyone involved.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8

No comments: