Monday, June 22, 2009

Silly Sally Stories

Trying to be on a lighter note for a quick change, I have decided that occasionally, when the whim overcomes me, I will share a silly story about me! I have discussed this with Matthew, and he heartily approves, as long as the silliness is strictly on my side, and not on his! This could prove to be difficult, but I will do my best!

I am, apparently, according to Matthew, one of those people who apologize for absolutely everything, irregardless of my role or effect on any particular situation. For instance, I regularly apologize for coming into a store when someone else is going out, irrespective of, and mostly in the absence of, collision. I simply can't help myself! It just slips out, and there it is...an apology.

I also apologize when rolling my shopping cart past another customer in an otherwise open aisle. This usually causes a look of confusion on the part of the other customer...and again I realize that I have apologized yet again ... for no apparent reason!

Well...today I happened to go outside onto my deck to retrieve the dog shampoo I had left on the railing, and upon re entering the house I went to close the screen door, and as I turned back I saw a bumblebee had slipped in, and was now turning back towards the closing screen to escape...and so...I said.........I'M SORRY................to the bee........and opened the door again so that it could leave...which it did.....but luckily....it didn't say anything to me in return.

Then I'd be really worried!

No comments: