Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Social Networking and other perils

As you may have noticed...I'm not really all that savvy at the social networking stuff. I find that Facebook has terrified me with it's ballooning abundance of questionnaires; games; quizzes; albums; videos....I could go on and on!...and on. It's simply amazing to me how someone could ever have that many friends! I admit that my existence since becoming ill has rather paralyzed my "friendship" abilities...but that's exactly my point....friendships require care; time; effort; investment of heart and energy (which I am sadly lacking..hence my limitations) and therefore would seem to limit the ability of someone to effectively manage the number of friends they seem to have acquired! It is exactly my limitation with respect to pain/energy/inability to plan...that has made this media a real breakthrough for me. I mean...I'm here by myself (well not really...I have 3 dogs, a cat, 5 birds, and a son to look after!!!!!!) and presently have a spontaneous moment of lucidity...and that is never to be overrated...so now I can release some of the thoughts that are continually running around in my head. This, I feel, will allow me to free up space in my brain for other thoughts, and leave it in a continuously emptied state ( sort of like the recycle bin emptying that I forget to do) so that on the rare occasion that I DO go out, and I DO speak to someone...maybe I'll be less likely to ramble on without pause for breath until I excuse myself for frightening them (usually some poor unsuspecting clerk) and explain that I'm out on unsupervised leave and will be returning to hospital soon! They look relieved!

Anyway....my point is....(u didn't think I had one did u!)....that for me...and other poor sods like me who are stuck at home...this is a great way to reach out to the world...but if you are blessed with good health....then please....get off the computer ...and go visit someone you love ...before you can't!

God Bless

No comments: