Saturday, February 27, 2010

Controversy: S. Korea DQ'd in short track relay, China gets gold - Fourth-Place Medal - 2010 Olympics Blog - Yahoo! Sports

I thought that speed skating was a pure and simple sport with skaters wearing their golden, long bladed skates, and their skin tight bodysuits, and a variety of fashionable eye wear... skating rapidly with skill and determination, around a rather small oval.
I have been shocked to learn that even speed skating can be filled with controversy! In fact, it can be life threatening, and for more than just the skaters! The article below gives you the scoop on the main event, however this unfortunate chief referee is now apparently under guard as his life has been threatened. Apolo Ohno says "Oh No" to his disqualification tonight, which gave Canada a bronze in addition to a gold. I'm sure there will be much more negative publicity and bad feeling which makes me wonder... Why do we have "Olympic Games"? Yes we're in 3rd place which is awesome, and we have tied our previous medal count from the L.A. Olympics in the 70's (but I don't remember them because I was just a baby!), and it has been hugely exciting to watch( even though the only station I could find playing the hockey game was OMNI 1, commentating it in "Slovakian" which I know you will be surprised, I'm not really fluent in Slovakian . But really when you think of all the money that has been spent, bad feelings aroused, and a life lost it makes me wonder whether or not this is where we should be investing our countries money ??? Read this article! There were lots of beautiful moments too, but I'm not sure if it's really a forever deal. Read the article and tell what you think? But my advice in the words of mothers everywhere is....
"If you can't play nice ...then GO HOME!!" 

No comments: