Friday, February 19, 2010

Sad

Welcome to my "crappy" day!  It was going great, and we have had lots of fun watching the Olympics and getting caught up in the revelry.  In fact we had reconnected with an old friend, sharing olympic stories and scores.  I think I've mentioned that Matt and I don't get out much..and really over the past several years I've stopped all my ministry activities and spend most everyday with just myself and the pets. It didn't use to be that way, and when I had the energy, I think I might have been fun to be around, and I still try to be fun for Mattthew.
So when we made plans to watch the Olympics together with our friend this weekend, we were both really excited....that was Wednesday.  Today I get a message saying that the plans are off, and she hopes we get a better offer?! This may sound totally ridiculous to you, but I cried!  There's other history there too that makes it doubly gut wrenching, but I don't know how Matt's going to take it either.  You see she used to be part of our family, but now ... I don't get it.
So I keep crying, and Dudley keeps washing my face for me, and I know I have to stop before Matt gets home so I had better take my Mother's advice as she wheeled Dad into heart surgery...."Think happy thoughts"!...and carry a box of kleenex!

No comments: