Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Night of the Jackal !: Bruce Willis, Richard Gere, Sidney Poitier, and a whole lot of other people that won't fit in this title!

Matt is getting a little "burned out" with the Olympic Flame, and now groans whenever I mention that a particular event is about to start! When he gets like that, we usually haul out the Walton series (you know the ones in the Geico commercial who take "way too long to say goodnight") !
It gives us some nice restful entertainment... But somehow, last night, I had switched the tv channel just before Matt got home, to an action movie, as seen at left. Since it had great people in it I figured it might rate a watch. Well needless to say it was not the kind of movie you fall asleep to, and was pretty serious in it's content, which was a problem for me because I was not in a serious mood, and when that happens it's anyones bet on the consequences.
After a few comments about Bruce Willis's hair condition, following about 5 different dye jobs in 20 minutes (which made me want to check the date of the film to see if that's why he's bald in all the Die Hard movies) Matthew was already telling me to "shut up" (in a humorous way).  A few minutes later a very dramatic scene occurred...it was so dramatic that Matt wanted me to change the channel at first...and I was in the process of trying to do this (too many remote controls for me!) when he insisted that he wanted to continue to watch. Now if you haven't seen this film I'll set the stage for you...2 federal agents and one female Russian operative have just been blown away by The Jackal, and this female agent (Russian scarface) is bleeding to death on the floor, while the paramedics are leaning over her, doing nothing but shaking their heads. Richard Gear rushes in, pushes them to the side and  now he leans over the dying female agent telling her "everything will be alright!" LIAR! (note: This women has supposedly been shot in the stomach and is bleeding out but the paramedics have now ambled off and are no longer in the screenshot)  There are a few muffled exchanges bewteen Gere and the Russian until she gasps her last breath and the screenshot pulls back to see this dead woman, on the couch, no i.v., no packing over her wound...but they did put a pillow under her head!  The next sequence has Gere and Poitier outside, where there is crime tape everywhere, and lights flashing.  They are trying to figure out who the "Jackal's" next target is when in the background you see the paramedics coming out of the house with a body bag on the stretcher...and THEY'RE RUNNING? Well I'm sorry, but I lost it!  Why were they running?  Were they almost late for the last call at Timmies?  Was there a sale on at Best Buy?  Were they trying to beat their own record for most dead bodies brought to the morgue in a single night!
Matthew is now incensed with me, 'cause I can't stop thinking of reasons why these boys would run with a body bag, when they'd taken a coffee break during the medical crisis...and I can't keep these thoughts to myself!!!  So now I'm laughing, but trying not to open my mouth, which is extremely difficult and apparently causes my face to contort which then became overwhelmingly funny to Matthew who laughed til his stomach hurt!  God I love him! Watching movies can be dangerous!

1 comment:

Angela said...

The Jackal the movie was crap....The Jackal by Ronny Jordan, however, was not. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkURxtyxa3g