Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I've been tinkering with this blog for the past few days, and watching the olympics, so my writing has been on hold!  I'm pretty much web illiterate, and don't speak html, xml, css or even bss.....so if things look kind of funny one day when you log on...don't worry...I'll fix it when I figure out what I did to mess it up!
The past 2 days have been pretty wild with our Canadian Women bringing home golds in snowboard cross and downhill cross.  How amazing it must feel to get up on that podium in front of the world, and get a cabbage....it must be wonderful.
There are so many amazing stories playing out before our eyes...like this young couple, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir who performed one of the most elegant ice dances I have ever seen, and have been skating together from the ages of 7 and 9 years old!  These games seem to have united us, and for a brief period of time, raised our nationalism to a height I have never seen.  Of course with all the good, comes some bad, and that has been found in the snide remarks of some prideful athletes who don't seem to be able to lose gracefully...somewhat like their dancing which also lacked grace! What do you think of these remarks?

No comments: