Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Oscars 2010: Why this is the year you'll actually tune in for the Academy Awards show

The Oscars 2010: Why this is the year you'll actually tune in for the Academy Awards show

Well It's that time again ... it's time for ANGELA'S OSCAR PARTY!....

It's amazing...every year people spend billions of dollars to make and view movies, just so they can gather at my sister's apartment, crowd around a semi small television (bigger this year) and watch the Oscars while eating chips and dip (Not sure if there's anything else on the menu...maybe egg salad sandwiches but that's an inside joke). I do love movies, but I seldom get to go out to see them. Paul (my eldest) usually gets me cineplex gift cards for Christmas, but he didn't this year (2010)and as a result I will be completely ignorant as to the nominees for next years Oscars. To be fair though, Paul did takeMatt and I to see AVATAR, which I probably wouldn't have gone to see myself unless under threat by Matt. I must say that I was completely enthralled, and stayed seated throughout despite the intense thigh pain that I had decided was a blood clot!! (Thank you Matt forgetting me water to take some medicine!)
Anyway I vote for Avatar if any one's the least bit interested, which they probably aren't, as that's the only nominee that I've seen and it was incredible. I have seen the nominee in Documentary about China's unnatural disaster and it was very powerful...so I vote for it also.
Finally...I think we all owe Angela a debt of gratitude for keeping this Oscar thing going...you truly are remarkable...and yes the bread was good!!

No comments: