Thursday, April 29, 2010

The desecration of beauty/ Tiger Woods meets William Blake

I have to say I am sick and tired of male public figures standing in front of microphones making declarations of infidelity to their wives, and sharing way too much information with an air of finality that casually dismisses the depth and breadth of  the damage they have done to their families.  I want to slap them silly!!!! but of course I couldn't and wouldn't do that so I will preface the following stanza's with an apology of my own...
to William Blake...sorry William but I had to do it!

Tiger Tiger burning bright
In the driveway late at night
What mortal sin or roving eye
Could cause that model's fearful cry

In what local rooms or bars
Did your "illness" make it's scars
On what Sponsor's cards did you
Consume so much, but tell so few

And on what shoulders, from what ear
Could your lies find solace here?
Do you think us all so weak
That we will swoon when 'er you speak?

What the handcuffs? What the chain?
"In what furnace was your brain?"
What the love? What the trust?
You sacrificed it all for lust

Tiger Tiger burning bright
on the stage with glaring light
Will your humbled words be true?
Or will this poison follow you?

My advice ...Hope for healing....watch for truth!

Tiger Tiger by William Blake 

1 comment:

Angela said...

Ha Ha .... send that to Facts and Arguments