Saturday, May 20, 2017

Tiny House Nation



 
 I've mentioned I have a dream of moving from my little house in a farming village of 1000. I've loved living so close to nature but since I've been ill I find that even this small house(1200 sq. ft.) has a lot of maintenance issues that are really too much for me.  I'm just not sure whether tiny living would have its own maintenance issues that I may find too much.  A couple of years ago my son and a friend of his took an off grid, tiny house vacation, and there was something really freeing about existing in such a simple way.  We were right on the Tay river in Perth Ontario , in 97 square feet, not far from the town, yet it felt like you were miles away from the bustle of anything. It got me thinking.  I think one of the biggest obstructions is where to park these little gems because there are so many obstacles with ordinances limiting how big your house can be, and although living on wheels iliminates much of that, then you are faced with having to move your home because as an RV ( which tiny houses on wheels are considered to be ) you can't live in it year round unless you're in an RV Park.  I think I could do it where I live now, but I want to be closer to family, where housing costs are way out of my league! What to do? If there are any other tiny housers out there in Ontario Canada with ideas, please share as I continue to reach out and research. Thanks.


No comments: