Friday, May 12, 2017

To have more...desire less!

This is going to have to be my mantra if I am ever going to make it into a tiny house.  I am very sentimental and have ALOT of little trinkets that's were my mothers' fathers' grandmothers' and other family members. I'm not big on clothing or shoes but books and CDs are plentiful. Living without a library would be tough. In addition I make jewelry and scrapbook ( although since I've been ill not so much.)  PHOTOGRAPHS are a passion. Old, new, tiny, large....don't know how to deal with that...these computer images just don't qualify compared to a great 8 x 10 black and white.  I used to knit and crochet so lots of yarn." Having more by desiring less" is gonna be tough, but I'm going to have to do it sometime soon, I'm 58 and this house, though small, is too big for me to maintain so why NOT do it now when I have something to look forward to. I don't like apartment living, or living in someone else's house...I love nature and my dogs...I want to be surrounded by it as I am now, not having to take an elevator down God knows how many flights to get outside!
The TinyHouseTalk newsletter has a great article that I'm going to try and link this post to to help myself and anyone else wishing to free themselves from too many possessions so here goes let me see if I can successfully link it up!

http://tinyhousetalk.com/downsizing/

No comments: