Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mothers Day

Today is Mother's Day, and I wish Mothers all around the world a Happy Day with your families'.
My Mother passed away several years ago and as each year goes by I understand her more and more.
It's a sad statement of truth, that we don't really KNOW our parents until we are older ourselves and start to question who they are as individuals, not just as our parents.  Sometimes we never know but it's because we forget to ask the important questions about the essence of them, rather than no questions beyond their specific relationship with us.  What were their hopes and dreams?  My Mother adopted me at 3 months of age.  What was that like for her?  My biological Mother named me Dymphna, the patron saint of mental illness....I found this out just a few years ago.  Was she sending a message to me, and to my parents? I'll never know.  My adoptive family were British, so never really talked about feelings, or deep issues. There are so many things I'd like to talk to my parents about now but it's too late.
Don't let it be too late for you!
Here is a picture of 3 generations of Mothers!
Happy Mothers Day to all our Mothers

No comments: