Friday, May 12, 2017

Indigestion or heart atttack?

Last night I had another very painful episode which lasted about 30 minutes using 6 nitro sprays.  It WASNT a panic attack because I wasn't scared I  simply wanted the pain to stop. It started in my back and I have fibro and had been messing with hoses and sump pumps yesterday as my basement flooded  again but it radiated into my chest and mid to right sternum.  I've had 2 heart attacks and many panic attacks all at home.  Most of the time women are misdiagnosed (as I was) and I hate calling for help because everyone assumes you're either wrong about what's going on or faking it!  I know this seems like a poor excuse not to call an ambulance but I've spent a lot of time in emergency rooms only to be sent home...with the exception of 2 years ago when they checked my cardiac enzymes and I was admitted...scheduled for a bypass, then had that held over, upon which time I visited my son in Burlington and ended up in the Hamilton General Cath lab ( amazing place with the capacity of an army of us heart blocked folks) and they cleaned me out! So I'm still alive, still feel like hell, and think I'll try to see my Family Doc today and get blood work done to see if my enzymes are elevated. In the meantime I'm going to let the professionals deal with my ever flooding basement ( my main sump pump quit after a huge rainstorm event )! So if my blog goes dark, that means the news wasn't great!

No comments: