Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Where's Olivia?

Last night, during the chaos of the Manchester Terror attack, CNN's Don Lemon took a call from a mother who was desperate to find her daughter.  She spoke to Don about how excited Olivia Campbell had been about going to this concert with her friend Adam.
Since the bombing, Mom ( Charlotte ) had been calling both Olivia and Adam, but the calls went unanswered.
It was heart wrenching to hear this poor mother so desperate and feeling powerless to do ANYTHING to make this nightmare disappear.  She kept saying " I just want her home". I thought about this family all night and watched CNN and Twitter today for news of Olivia and Adam.
Through Twitter I found a post that Adam was in hospital...I hope the same Adam although any Adam not killed is joyful...but Olivia is on the MISSING list.  Her Uncle has been searching hospitals and hotels but nothing.
I can't imagine how devastated Charlotte is.  I think about them both especially because I know some of their story,, have heard her mother' pleas for help...he daughters picture haunts me.  Yet I know there are dozens or more Olivias and Charlottes in Manchester tonight who are struggling to stay sane, struggling to put and end to this nightmare. Ending the nightmare could be another nightmare in itself.
Something else to recover from.
I pray these families can hang on to hope and lean on each other for comfort.
The world is with you all...with you Charlotte and Olivia...though the unimaginable is almost impossible to grasp you will get through this.
I don't know how,
but you will.

No comments: